Office: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago 1479
Google Scholar Profile
I’m an MD/PhD student at NU working on my PhD research after having completed the first two years of medical school. I studied physics at the University of Texas at Austin where I worked on projects involving molecular motor biophysics, molecular imaging, and auditory neuroscience. During my PhD, I’ve mainly been building models to understand neural activity.
I’m interested in using computational and statistical tools to solve problems in biology and medicine, especially in neuroscience. I enjoy collaborating with other groups - no problem is too strange!
- Visual search: behavior, electrophysiology, and modeling
- Models of single-trial dynamics in spike trains
- Correlations and connectivity during associative learning
- Computational approaches to cancer
- Health care informatics
- Ramkumar, P., Lawlor, P.N., Wood, D., Glaser, J., Segraves, M.A., Kording, K.P. In preparation.
- Glaser, J., Wood, D., Lawlor, P.N., Ramkumar, P., Kording, K.P., Segraves, M.A. In preparation.
- Lawlor, P.N., Kalisky, T., Rosner, R., Rosner, M.R., Kording, K.P., “Conceptualizing Cancer Drugs as Classifiers”. PLOS ONE.
- Zhang, W., Chen, Y., Cybulski, T., Gunter, C.A., Fabbri, D., Lawlor, P.N., Liebovitz, D., Malin, B. 2014. “Decide Now or Decide Later? Quantifying the Tradeoff between Prospective and Retrospective Access Decisions.” ACM Computing and Communications Security 2014.
- Lawlor, P.N., Cybulski, T., Kording K.P. 2015. Linear-Nonlinear-Time warp-Poisson models of neural activity. Oral presentation, 2015 Statistical Analysis of Neural Data (SAND) Conference. Pittsburgh, PA.
- Lawlor, P.N., Hattori, S., Weiss, C., Disterhoft, J.D., Kording, K.P. 2015. Characterizing memory formation and storage at the mesoscopic scale. Poster presentation, 2015 CoSyNe Conference. Salt Lake City, UT. PDF
- Glaser, J., Lawlor, P.N., Wood, D., Ramkumar, P., Kording, K.P., Segraves, M.A. 2014. Reward expectation modulates Frontal Eye Field activity during natural scene search. Poster presentation, 2014 Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, Washington D.C. PDF
- Wood, D., Ramkumar, P., Glaser, J., Lawlor, P.N., Kording, K.P., Segraves, M.A. 2014. Task-relevant features predict gaze behavior but not neural activity in FEF during natural scene search. Poster presentation, 2014 Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, Washington D.C. PDF
- Lawlor, P.N., Hattori, S., Weiss, C., Disterhoft, J.F., Kording, K.P. Decoding techniques predict conditioned blink responses, revealing dynamics of associative learning. Poster presentation, 2013 Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA
- Lawlor, P.N., Kalisky, T., Rosner, R., Rosner, M., Kording, K.P. Designing the optimal drug for cancer therapy. 2013 MSTP Retreat, Lake Geneva, WI
- Longoria Casias, R.A., Leidel, C., Lawlor, P.N., Barrera, L.A., Shubeita, G.T. An In Vitro Assay To Probe The Coordination Of Opposite Polarity Molecular Motors. 2010 Biophysical Society Meeting, San Francisco, CA
Outside of science
Soccer, climbing, reading (what I’m reading now)